This notification is effective and accurate as of Monday March 16, 2020
At Emmaus Counselling we are aware of the concerns regarding the potential for person-to-person transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
We are monitoring medical advice plus the advice of our professional organizations.
At present both the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario are recommending that, where possible, therapist keep their offices open so that they can continue to be of assistance to clients during these stressful times.
As a result, here is the information that we would like to pass on to our clients…
• Our office is currently open, and we are seeing clients
• Neither Paul nor Elizabeth are experiencing any symptoms related to the virus and neither has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for the virus
• We are making tissues, a garbage can, and hand sanitizers available in the office
• We are ensuring that high-touch surfaces (such as doorknobs, light switches, and sink faucets) are cleaned with a disinfectant regularly
• We are engaging in proper handwashing technique between sessions with clients
• We will end sessions promptly after 50 minutes to have one set of clients leave before another set of clients arrive, thus limiting waiting room contact. It is therefore recommended that you arrive right on the hour.
• We are waiving our cancellation fee policy for those who cancel because of health concerns
• We are discontinuing physical contact with clients, including shaking hands
• Under certain circumstances we are willing to use online video conferencing for our sessions. This is not our preferred method of interaction, but under these circumstances we are willing to connect on video.
What we ask of clients:
• If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing please make appropriate alternate arrangements for appointments, including online appointments or rescheduling appointments for a later date
• Please use the hand sanitizer provided in the waiting room
We will post updates on our website, http://www.emmaus.on.ca if this situation changes. We suggest that you check the website prior to your appointment to ensure that the office is still open.